Monday, November 17, 2008

Commission for a Dietitian...






I was recently asked to do a special order by a registered dietitian who does research at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY. She wanted to give her study subjects a pair of fruit based earrings as a reminder of her (and the nutrition study) and also as a thank you. She wanted earrings based on their different personalities, so I was to come up with a variety. I decided on 2 kinds, one of them a little funky, and the other a little more simple. The simpler ones were my locket earrings made from recycled yogurt containers and recycled aluminum cans. The funkier ones were made from recycled plastic, recycled newspaper and tissue paper.

2 comments:

Cymbaline said...

That's so awesome! Congratulations on what looks to be a wonderful commission~ I love the fruit theme~ they are so colorful. What a clever idea for a dietitian to give out earrings with fruit as a thank you gift...and a reminder to eat healthy!

Unknown said...

i like the fruit earrings! you should try to sell them at local health food stores.. not sure what is like that in scranton but i know in luzerne my favorite one is house of nutrition.